Monday, January 16, 2017

What's Happenin'?

This little squirrel is just checking in on you, our blog readers! Decided that I needed to check on you since you all check on us when you read the blog! Woody had a rather busy day. Me? Well, I continue to spend most of my time reclining. I definitely continue to improve, but still am rather limited in my movement. I have considered walking off without my walker several times today, but find that I need it close as I never know when a pain will shoot through one of my feet and sort of knock me off my feet...not really...but having sporadic pain in both feet make me a bit unstable. So, I guess, better safe than sorry...the walker stays near me and I am not venturing very far...coming into the sewing room to blog is about as far as I have ventured today...my main trips during the day continue to be to the bathroom and back to my chair. I am no longer needing Woody's assistance to get into a standing position...a good thing for both of us! My main activity today was to finish my third book for this year. It was a book that a friend wrote that I had bought and I had started it in late summer and because it wasn't a library book I didn't have a time limit for completing it. I read other books while reading it and then put it aside when the holidays were upon us and I was busy sewing, etc. I hadn't checked out an e-book in a while so I went to the online part of our library and found a book in a series that was available that I hadn't read yet. So I have enjoyed reading on that most of the afternoon...when I wasn't dozing! Woody got us a treat at Dairy Queen for lunch...a Blizzard. We both enjoyed them. Today was definitely a treat as he used a buy one get one free coupon that had come over the internet and then used a gift card that a dear friend gave me for Christmas...so sweet treats thanks to DQ and a friend! More sweet treats to come! Woody walked four miles this morning. Later in the afternoon, he went to visit a gentleman in his deacon family and then went to Life Care and had Bible study with Jeff and visited with another friend. Later in the afternoon, he headed to church to pick up Graham. Graham had been at a church youth conference in Pigeon Forge, TN. Graham came in and visited with us for a while after he got back and told us some of the things that he and the group had done over the long weekend. Woody left a little while ago for Monday night prayer meeting at church and after that he and a friend are planning to go visit a couple from our church. As you can tell, Woody has been on the move today. He also did some raking this morning. Guess I will head back to my e-book and do some more reading. I am more than half-way through this book. It's a fast and enjoyable read. I've enjoyed getting lost in the story/mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment