Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Light at the End of the Tunnel?

I am hopeful that I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel! The doctor's office did call me today. The doctor had gotten my email and had printed it off to respond to me...and I guess it got lost in the shuffle. Anyway...they had gotten my resend of the email this morning (I guess it was waiting for them after Martil Luther King holiday yesterday). The doctor wants me to continue on the schedule that she has me on for the gout medication. She also phoned in a prescription for a med that is supposed to stop the gout attack (my light at the end of the tunnel...hopefully). The medication is rather pricey...but Woody decided that it wasn't out of the question price-wise and picked it up this afternoon. I am to take this med twice a day. I have taken my first dose. I am COUNTING on it to work...positive thinking! I had another rough time with pain in my right foot in the night and this morning...but it does seem better this evening. I am still too wibbly-wobbly to let go of the walker quite yet...but hopefully in a few days! It has been sort of a drippy day and this evening we keep having gusts of wind. At the moment things seem calm. Woody walked to the pharmacy this afternoon to pick up our prescriptions. Then after supper he walked to the prayer room at church and has yet to return. I have spent my time today and yesterday with my nose buried in my iPad reading e-books. I finished the one that I was reading yesterday and then checked out another on my iPad that I am now more than half-way through. Enjoying my escape through reading! I have also done a lot of dozing. I didn't sleep well last night due to the pain in my foot...so I read. Woody brought me my breakfast and I ate fairly early this morning and then I dozed and slept away most of the morning. Isaac and Joseph came over for a little while before lunch. They told me a little about their trip to the Nashville Zoo yesterday. Isaac came back for a while after lunch and brought the zoo map so I could see what animals they saw. Then this later this afternoon Joy and Eljah spent some time in the school room doing Snap Circuits...my little electricians! I had planned to start up school again in the morning...but am just not up to it yet so put off starting till Monday...hopefully by then...Tuesday Woody goes back to Vanderbilt for scans, labs and to see the doctor. I definitely have a goal of being able to walk without walker by then...guess time will tell! Now for these new pills to get to work! Watching for that light at the end of the tunnel of gout!

No comments:

Post a Comment