Thursday, December 15, 2016

School's Out (for me)!

Today was my last day of school for this year...sort of sounds good...but I also know that I am in for busy times between now through December 24th. I spent the afternoon working on gifts. I have another package ready for Woody to take to the Post Office tomorrow. I still have a few things that I hope to work on this evening. Abigail finished her top when she came over to read this afternoon. She got the hem sewed in using the cover stitch on my serger and then we read. She went home with only a chapter left to read in the book that we have been reading. Esther finished her book yesterday. Joy and Elijah took their books home so they can continue to read over these next several weeks. Isaac even met a milestone in his reading today...he has read through all the strips of three letter phonetic words (and we have quite a few of these strips). I talked to Melany a little while ago and we finalized our meal plan for Woody's birthday on Sunday. My part is birthday pies (pecan and pumpkin...pecan for Woody and lots of others...but there are a few of us who prefer pumpkin so I decided that I should make pumpkin too. Plus Melany missed out on her mommy's pumpkin pie this year at Thanksgiving since they were sick. Woody walked four miles this morning and didn't freeze. After lunch he took off on a shopping spree...he found just what he wanted in record time...especially for shopping in Tullahoma! We don't have all that many places to choose from to purchase things and he had something specific that he was looking for...and found exactly what he wanted...rather amazing! I have pretty much holed up in my sewing room this afternoon and evening...something that I can do and not walk a lot. My foot still has a gout problem...but so far it isn't as bad as it has been in the past. We have had quite a cold day today. It never got above freezing today and is already down to 23 and supposed to get into the teens tonight. Brrrrrrrr! But guess...'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment