Friday, December 2, 2016

Out of Routine?

I guess that I will use the excuse that I am out of routine these days as my excuse for totally forgetting to blog last night! We went to the Deacon-Widow Banquet last night so were there when I usually try to blog. On the way home I realized that I had forgotten to take a picture even though I had tucked a camera in my purse. I even thought about going back to another year in my photos for a picture for the blog...by the time I got home that thought had left my head and I was thinking if I needed to do something else around the house or start working on a couple of Christmas presents that I still need to make. The sewing won out and I started looking for fabric that I needed...and the rest is history...the blog got forgotten. Over the last two days I continued to do little jobs around the house that don't absolutely have to be done before the party...but these were also jobs that had been neglected so having the party has been giving me a nudge to go on and do them. Today's big job was the oven...now probably the oven won't be used...but if it would be opened in the condition that it was I would be embarrassed at how dirty it was. So I undertook to do it. I had gotten it much better, but there were still a lot of places that just needed a good scrubbing/rubbing with a strong cleaning pad and I was about to just call it quits and let it go at being "sort of" clean, when Nathan happened over. I appreciate so much the elbow grease that he added to the job. The oven looks so very much better! Thank you, Nathan! Yesterday Nathan, Graham and Elijah came over to do one of the more difficult jobs around here...changing two light bulbs that had gone out in the stair light fixture...not an easy fixture to change bulbs in. We have a fancy ladder that can be put into various positions and they have it down almost to a science now...and that job got done really quickly. Woody is packing away the decoration boxes. So I have lots of helpers! I finished the last decorating job late this afternoon...the front porch now has Fall decorations removed and a couple of Christmasy things added. Woody took me for a Dairy Queen treat, a Candy Cane Oreo blizzard. Once again we had a "buy-one-get-one-free" coupon. 'Tis the Season! And, now I will head off to make my Cottey wassail...a tradition for the Sunday School party. Woody did get a four-mile walk in both yesterday and today. Our town continues to clean up after the tornado damage. So many homes damaged and so many very old and very big trees were uprooted. Some of the areas just got their power back on an hour or so ago...not sure if all have power yet or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment