Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Time to Put Our Feet Up!

We are ready to put our feet up after a busy day. Woody did our usual Wednesday errands this morning along with attempting to do some Christmas shopping and doing an errand for me. I had school on a usual Wednesday schedule. Abigail got her long sleeved t-shirt finished except for the hem. We will fit in some time over the next few days to get that done before Christmas. After lunch, I headed off to the church library to work for a while. Woody headed off for his daily four-mile walk shortly after I left for the library. Donna and I mainly did maintenance. We were attempting to get the library in good order as we will only be sticking our heads in for short periods of time till after the New Year. I just finished a book order (the last one of the year). And, I have one note to write and then library work will be shelved till after the first of the year. I also placed my last Christmas order before I headed down to cook supper. I made an easy supper--a pot of chili. Sounds like the temperatures that we are going to experience over the next few days will be "chili weather." I am ready to put my feet up for another reason...my gout has returned...well, it has been attempting to rear its head over the last week. It first showed up on the top of my foot near the ankle...but after a while during the day that pain went away...then another day last week it showed up in my toe...again the pain leaving after a while...then it showed up in my elbow...same thing...that pain was gone by the end of the day. I was hoping that the med that the doctor has me gradually taking was helping to lessen the amount of time that gout would hang around and lessen the pain. This med can trigger gout attacks so she has me easing into taking it...for the last month I have been taking it one pill other day and in a few days I will start taking one pill every day...easing in till after four months I will be taking two every day. Anyway today I woke up with gout pain in my foot and it hasn't gone away...at least not like the other days over the last week. I can still hope! So I guess I will go put my foot up for the rest of the evening. I have some handwork that I need to do to finish up those hand ornaments that I made sometime back. I have all but three completed so guess tonight is a good night to get back to work on finishing those. Woody is downstairs reading with his feet up. And, as soon as I click "publish," I am heading for my chair to put my feet up! 'Tis the season! (Oh, my sister reported this morning that our package had arrived at her house in AZ..."only" mishap (that we know of)...the mailman fell down on his way up to her house with the package! I'm trying to remember if there is anything very breakable in the box! Hope that the mailman won't be hobbling too badly tomorrow! That's a record quick time for a package to get there when it wasn't sent priority...just took two days regular first class mail...guess the U.S. Post Office is attempting to impress with their service this year!)

No comments:

Post a Comment