Monday, December 5, 2016

Coming Up For Air!

Well, I have spent the time after the party yesterday and part of the day today just recovering from having the party! Now I have to hit the ground running as we are waaaaaaaaaay behind on Christmas shopping...the ideas just won't come this year for some reason. I did get back to my Christmas sewing last night. And, I plan to get back to it as soon as I publish the blog. Today is my busiest school day...the usual time for the younger boys and then some reading with three others and then Joy's "long time" and after lunch Elijah's "long time." They both decided to switch from what they had been doing to work on some Christmas items. I spent some time getting more things put away from the party. I still don't have all the dishes put away...just haven't found the time or the energy! First thing that Woody did this morning was make orange pecans. He has a Sunday School party for the youth on Wednesday and he made them for that party...he has found that the other Sunday School teachers enjoy them. Yesterday he made a big batch of Chex Mix...it MUST be Christmas...we have wassail and Chex Mix in the house! Woody went to the Life Care Center this morning to have Bible study with Jeff and he also stopped to see another friend who lives there and had prayer with him. I decided that we both needed to get some things out of the freezer and that it was also time to get away from turkey so I made a rice casserole recipe that was my mother's, Spinach Rice Bake. We hadn't had that in a long time. I also made a recipe from our early marriage years, Creamy Baked Pork Chops. It is a Campbell Soup recipe...but I have adapted it and now make my own soup to cook the chops in...tonight I made cream of celery soup to make them. Both recipes were very tasty. Woody went to Monday Night Prayer meeting at church and is now home and settled in for the evening. And, now I guess it is time for me to get my sewing machine in a whir sewing a last couple of gifts. I am so glad that I made all those ornaments earlier in the year. But amazingly as many as I made, they are all designated and/or given away at this point...and, I don't have quite enough. I might be able to find the time to make a couple more...time will tell! 'Tis the Season! Oh, we had a great party yesterday. Fifteen of us gathered early yesterday morning despite the dreary drizzly day. We had brunch, lots of laughs, an ornament exchange, more laughs, and Bible Study before we headed back to church for the 11am service.

1 comment: