Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Christmas Mystery


Here's Esther trying to figure out just what exactly Goosey (Woody) has given her...as were the rest of us in the room!  He planned a really big surprise.  She and her family are now working on making Woody's gift a reality.  For a while today I thought that I would be able to reveal her gift here on the blog tonight...but alas that is not to be...Esther is hopeful that everything will come together tomorrow and then I will be able to take her picture with this special gift which she is VERY excited about...most of her siblings are also quite excited.  There is a clue in the pictures...see if you can guess before I post the picture with the actual gift!

We really had a nice family Christmas on Saturday.  At the moment it all seems like a dream...that is quite far in the past!  Woody and I have been working on getting cardboard boxes flattened so they can be picked up by our curbside recycling tomorrow.  I'm not sure what Woody was able to get into the trash can as it was already rather full from wrapping paper from Saturday.  Everyone has been occupied with their gifts...it has been pretty quiet around here since the grandchildren have so many new items to enjoy.

I just met a major goal just a few minutes ago.  I always attempt to have all my pictures for the year sorted before the new year and that was accomplished today.  I still have some copying to do onto my second passport external drive...but they are all sorted...a major accomplishment. Pretty much all done...but the shouting! Usually I finish up that job on New Year's Eve!  Woody went to the prayer room at church late this afternoon.  He ended up driving to the prayer room tonight...the temperatures are pretty chilly and he had a couple of aches and pains that told him it would be better to drive. He is back home now and we are settling in for the evening.  Woody is reading, working crossword puzzles and watching TV (sometimes he can multitask..no matter what he tells you!).  Now that I have my pictures sorted I think that I will spend the rest of the evening reading and trying to stay warm...definitely chilly out tonight and it feels chilly (at least to me) inside too...though the temperature is the same as when I felt comfortable a couple of days ago...I think that has something to do with what happens to a heat pump when it gets cold outside!  My recliner and a couple of fleece throws and a hot cup of tea sound pretty good to me at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment