Thursday, December 7, 2017

"Ewwwwwww! Naked Angels!"

Tonight's blog title is a direct quote of Isaac (5) when he was helping me decorate the Christmas tree today!  He was so funny.  I offered to leave them off the tree this year, but he didn't say that I had to!  I tucked them away on the side of the tree and put them up sort of high so he wouldn't be reminded about them every time he looks at the tree!  This morning during Elijah's long time, we got the tree downstairs and put together.  Elijah decided that Esther, Isaac and Joseph could help us.  I got branches out of the tree box and handed them to Esther, Isaac or Joseph and Elijah stayed downstairs and directed which pile to put the branches in (branches are color coded on the ends).  Elijah and Esther were my main helpers for putting the branches on the tree.  I fluffed the limbs and the two of them put them in the proper place.  We had all but the two top rows done when it was time for them to head home for lunch.  And, the top two rows had to be done by me as those branches were too much above the children's heads. After lunch, I have had various helpers hang ornaments on the tree...even Graham came over and hung a few.  Only Abigail hasn't helped so far.  She was at home baking.  Esther also helped her mother do some baking.  When Esther came over to the house, she had on her apron. I think that she is happy to have it finished and be able to use it!

Woody went for a four-mile walk while the children and I put ornaments on the tree.  He said he expected that it be all decorated when he got back from his walk.  Yeah...right!  But we have gotten a good start on the tree.  A little while ago some of the children and Kathy came over with a plate of Christmas cookies.  Yummy!  Late this afternoon we saw that there was activity in the neighbor's (Nathan and Kathy's) front yard.  The older children were putting up the yard nativity scene.



I'll add tonight's barn picture at the end.  We saw so many pretty farms on our trip.  I like this one and several others that have the Highland Rim as the horizon line.  Some of the trees still had some color on them.  And the clouds were pretty for part of our picture taking adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment