Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Heading into the Home Stretch?

Well, the countdown is on now...really getting close to our family gathering on Saturday.  Last night just before I came up here to write the blog, I put the beans on to soak for Boston Baked Beans and tonight just before I came upstairs to write tonight's blog, I put them in storage dishes and tucked them away in the fridge!  They turned out great once again...hopefully I am learning the secrets to cooking  beans and having them turn out right each time...it has taken me a lot of years to learn.  I got my hair cut late this morning.  Came home after my hair cut and popped the beans in the oven for their 6-8 hours of cooking, ate a quick bite of lunch, and then headed out to finish up my shopping for this Christmas.  Last night I stayed up late and finished wrapping what I could wrap at that time and then today wrapped what I bought as soon as I got home.  We are still waiting on three things to arrive by mail...they are all supposed to arrive by Friday...cutting it close! There is a backup plan if they don't get here!

While I was shopping, Woody  walked four miles and only got rained on a little.  We have had quite a bit of rain since yesterday...not sure how much.  Woody's wireless rain gauge isn't working.  This evening Woody went to church for the Pastor's Wednesday Night Prayer Meeting.

So far I feel calm about the upcoming family Christmas...probably the next two days...trying to get everything else that needs doing done will get my head to spinning but then after all...'tis the season!

1 comment:

  1. Any chance you would ever share your Mother's baked beans recipe?

    ReplyDelete