Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Esther-Noel is Ready for Christmas Baking!



















Esther's big accomplishment today was finishing her apron.  She is pretty happy as you can see!  She did a great job and learned a lot about the sewing machine with this project.  Hopefully she got it finished in time to help with holiday baking at her house.  Woody and I gave her the fabric for her birthday back in August...so you can see that it has taken a while to get it completed...sewing one hour a week and missing some weeks makes it take quite a while to finish sewing projects.  She picked up speed today when she was sewing a long straight line on the strap/ties.  She usually goes along at the slowest that the machine will allow, but today she got braver and was surprised when it didn't take so very long to sew the really long side on the tie.

I had school with the neighbor children per usual for a Wednesday.  Woody's first task of the day was to take Abigail and Joy to the orthodontist.  That was a pretty quick visit.  They both came home with new bands and rubberbands placed in different places.  Joy's rubberbands kept her mouth so closed that she read outloud funny when it was her time to read with me.  After Esther's long time ended, I grabbed a quick bite of lunch and then got ready to go to the church library to work for a while.  We finished up processing the books that we purchased recently.  While I was at the library, Joy came over and she and Woody went shopping...well, Joy took him to show him some hats that she likes...hmmmmm...do you suppose she might want a hat for Christmas?!?  I came home from the library and rested for a little while.  I haven't felt exactly the best the last two days.  Today I am wondering if I have a touch of gout...since there is even a slight chance that a gout bout is creeping up on me, I went on and took the rescue drug.  At this time of the year I really don't want to be hobbled with gout!  And, all I can think is that last year at the end of the year and for most of January I had a really bad flare...so want to avoid that at all costs!  While I rested, I decided that pasta sounded good for supper. I ended up making a simple marinara sauce and served it on whole wheat thin spaghetti...pretty tasty after our diet of turkey lately!  After supper, Woody headed to church for Wednesday night prayer meeting that our new pastor has started.  I cleaned up the kitchen...sort of...still have a bit more to do there.  While the marinara sauce was simmering I started climbing up and down the step ladder to put Christmasy things amongst the bric-a-brac that adorns the top of our kitchen cabinets.  I have put trees, snowmen, etc. on one side of the kitchen...guess I will go down and attempt to go down the other side of the kitchen before heading to bed tonight.  'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment