Thursday, December 28, 2017

Reflecting



Today I have been thinking back over the last week+ and "trying" to remember things that we have done!  Sort of a blur! I have the pictures sorted for Christmas, but I never really have gone through them to see what I captured of the moments leading up to Christmas and our actual family Christmas celebration.  So I started looking through them and decided that I would feature the "Pickle Ornament Finder" for this year.  Joy found the pickle this year and got to open the gift/s that stay at Grammy and Goosey's house for any and all the grandchildren to use when they are here.  This year the gift was some new art supplies (two sets of markers and a really nice set of Crayons.  The girls went upstairs after we opened presents and had our Christmas lunch and did some art work using them.  Today Isaac used a couple of markers to draw a Christmas tree to put in his art folder.  It's nice to have sharp points (for a moment anyway) and markers that aren't beginning to dry out.  Today while Isaac and Joseph were over here, I worked at straightening up the school room...one of my accomplished tasks was to throw away all the old markers.  While the boys were over here Joseph got to feeling bad.  Kathy ended up taking him to the doctor and he has strep and the flu! Most in their family has had the flu shot, but Joseph can't have it because he is allergic to eggs.  The doctor said earlier that Esther had the flu...but she never got to feeling really bad with it and we decided that perhaps she tested positive because she had taken the flu shot and had some of the virus in her?  Don't know!  But we are all washing hands diligently and praying that no one else comes down with either!  

The kitties fared well through the night.  Their heating pad in their kitty house did the trick in keeping them warm even with the temperature dropping down into the upper teens last night.  They have been out playing with Esther today.  I didn't go over to see them today.  I pretty much stayed in and kept warm.

Woody ran a couple of errands this afternoon...our city taxes are paid for another year and he found his wayward coat in the church prayer room and he also made a stop at the public library.  He found a couple of books about cats/kittens that he brought home for Esther to read.  One of the books is a cookbook for cat treats!  I'll bet Esther is REALLY interested in that one. After returning from his errands, Woody took a four-mile walk.  He has been enjoying a present that Nathan, Kathy and the children surprised us with last night...a new TV...boy does the picture look different than it did on our old one...and boy is this TV so much thinner than our old one!  Nice to have it take up less space and have such a good picture. 

I pretty much had a very lazy afternoon.  I spent most of it reading.  Last night I met my yearly goal of having read a book a week during 2017...in other words I finished my 52nd book.  That is the minimum number of books that I try to read in a year.  Some times I read many more, but sometimes sewing and other things cut into my reading time.  The last couple of months I haven't read as much as I usually do.  I think that I will probably finish one more book before the end of the year as I am closing in on the final pages of another one.  I told myself that I was going to work on straightening up the sewing room and then do a little sewing, but never got to that point today...well, I did do a little just a little while ago.  When I finish blogging, I will take the little table back to the guest room and put it next to the children's sewing machine.  I had been using it for the overflow of machine embroidery thread.  That thread is all put away now so no need for the extra table in here crowding us between the laptop and the sewing machine cabinet.  I do plan to finish a machine embroidered angel that I started before Christmas.  She is to become our tree topper.  She might get to perch on the top of our tree for a short time this year...that way she will be ready for next year's Christmas tree...that is if I like her as a tree topper!  I'll let her audition this year! It continues to be 'tis the season...at least for a few more days! I am enjoying the low-key part of 'tis the season that happens at this end of the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment