Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Deck the Halls errrrrr Girls!


Tonight's photo shows Abigail and Joy all decked out for their Youth Sunday School Department Christmas party.  They were so excited and hoping that their outfits gets them voted the best spirit of Christmas!  It is hard to see, but Abigail has a holly candle ring around her bun.  She came up with the idea of pinning garland around the hem of her dress and as a belt.  She plans to hang candy canes from the belt and the hem once she gets to the party.  Joy has a Merry Christmas top with a garland belt and garland around one of her signature hats.  Graham chose not to dress up.  Goosey (Woody), one of the youth Sunday School teachers chose a red sweater and said that he thought he would win the most festive.  We all doubt that!  The kids brought him a headband with elf ears to help out his Christmas attire!

It has been a busy day...but when I look back on it, I'm not exactly sure what I have done!  I did get up and run the vacuum in the living room and dining room before school started.  Joseph and Isaac had their times and the rest had their reading time.  I did manage to take the pulled pork next door and have them put the containers in their freezer.  I listed the things that I'm planning at the moment to have for our Christmas family dinner.  Now I'm ready to get busy on the last sewing projects.  I made a pattern that I needed for two of the gifts.  My mind is trying to figure out just how I am going to make what I'm going to make!  While thinking, I have been getting two ornaments ready to sew into an ornament...the designs have been stitched for them I just have to make them into a finished ornament.  I also made what is my last planned order for Christmas presents. No working in the library this afternoon...we have given ourselves these Wednesdays off during the Christmas/New Year holidays.  I will probably be confused the rest of the week as to what day it is since I broke my routine for Wednesdays!

Woody has done a little of this and a little of that. He has been working on writing something on the laptop.  He has done his crossword puzzles.  He completed our Christmas cards.  Together we figured out our gift for Elijah.  He has worked with me on getting the kitchen back in order after the messy cooking day yesterday.  I couldn't tackle the kitchen after the pulled pork was finished...just too tired and my back was screaming "no more!"  I slept pretty soundly last night! He started on the kitchen last night and finished it this morning.  It helps so much when he comes behind me to do the clean-up!  Woody headed off a while ago with Graham, Abigail, and Joy for the Youth Sunday School party.  I'm sure he is enjoying the Christmas fare at the party.  He made Orange Pecans for his contributions to their party food.

I guess I will get back to my sewing planning and may actually turn the machine on to sew a seam or two. 'Tis the season!

Here's another barn from our last barn photography excursion:





No comments:

Post a Comment