Saturday, December 30, 2017

A Week Ago--Before and After!

Before all the unwrapping! (My place is on the far end of
the couch--note the cameras holding my place!)

Last gift is opened--quite a mess! Note my place has now
been covered up with gifts!  

This shows the pile of boxes and wrapping behind the
love seat where Nathan and Kathy are sitting.





It's hard to believe that a week ago today was our family celebration...in some ways it seems much longer ago...and in other ways I can almost think:"did it really happen!"

Woody went to the local hospital to visit a church member, but found that he had already been released so he stopped at the Life Care Center to check on him.  Even though we are pretty cold today, Woody did take a four-mile walk.  Over the next few days it is supposed to get even colder.

I started out the day finalizing the Sunday School lesson for my ladies' class for tomorrow.  But as the day went on I started feeling not all that great so ended up going back over my notes for the lesson and condensed the notes into what the class can use on their own tomorrow...if they want to use them.  I think that I will be staying right here and not taking any chances on exposing anyone to anything.  I'm not sure exactly what I have...mainly a runny nose, some sneezing and a dry cough with a tickle at the base of my throat and the start of a feeling that I get when I have respiratory problems.  So I have taken it easy most of the day.  I'm glad that we have a nice big pot of gumbo!  I had wanted to make the enchiladas today, but they are put on hold for another day when I am feeling better.  I have done a little reading.  I did finish another book last night and am well underway with another book.

And, with that our year is slowly drawing to a close.  The next blog will see us in 2018.  So tonight I will end with a..."see" you next year!  'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment