Monday, January 1, 2018

Extremes Begin 2018: Super Moon & Super Low Temps!!

Looks like 2018 is starting out with extremes...a super moon and really low temperatures.  It went down into the teens over night and never made it out of the 20's today.  We have literally stayed in all day...haven't even cracked open a door.  It's cold enough to have frozen the pipes to the toilet in the guest bathroom...this happens about every time we have super low temperatures...and so far we have been lucky and the pipe hasn't burst when it unthaws.  Praying that is how things happen again!  Every time this happens I tell myself that when it warms up we need to have someone come and add insulation around those pipes...but never think about it when there isn't a problem!

Woody and I have had a pretty lazy day.  Neither of us feels all that great.  I'm still coughing...now to the point that muscles hurt when I do cough.  My coughing has lessened...I think.  Woody feels like he is having allergy problems and that is sort of what my ailment feels like also...I wouldn't question what is wrong with us if it weren't that the neighbors have had been sick with one ailment or another for the last few weeks.  Graham is the latest to not feel well at their house.

I found enough energy to make enchiladas this afternoon and also a chile relleno casserole.  So...good eats to start us off in 2018.

Wishing each of our blog readers God's grace for 2018!

No comments:

Post a Comment