Saturday, January 20, 2018

The Annual Hunt is On!

Today I got up and headed downstairs to finish clearing off the dining room table.  I got it emptied...took the tablecloth off so I could wash it, left the table pad on it and brought in the first large box of ornament boxes.  I took out the individual ornament boxes and then began hunting for the ornaments that go in each of the boxes.  I put the ornaments on top of each box...or next to the box and then when I have found them all I put them in their boxes and start loading them back into the big box.  I have three boxes that are larger that go in this box also and these take miscellaneous ornaments that don't have boxes.  I haven't started putting any ornaments in those yet.  But at least I am underway...and...you can actually tell that some ornaments have come off the Christmas tree...well, you might not be able to tell that any are missing if you were to come in my house and see the tree...BUT I can tell that the ornaments are getting sparser.   I can only do the undecorating of the tree for just so long as my back gets to hurting...must be the way I stand or it is just lack of sitting...I'm not sure.  But after I got to a point after lunch I headed upstairs so I could put the final touches on my Sunday School lesson for my ladies' class tomorrow. The lesson is complete...that is till I think of something else to share!  I have just a little more of a book to read and then I can take it back to the church library in the morning and get the next one in the series.

Woody went to the library mid morning and then later in the afternoon he went on a four-mile walk.  He is glad to get back to his walking.  He missed it when it was too cold and icy for him to venture out.  He has read, done crossword puzzles, and watched TV including some basketball this afternoon.  

Once again it has been so nice to see sunshine come in the windows and to have the temperatures above freezing.  It has been a very pretty day.  It was good to hear the neighbor grandchildren playing outside this afternoon.  Our cat intruder got back in today.  It was my fault.  I was taking the table cloth outside to shake it...it had a lot of glitter on it from one decoration or another.  And, I wasn't thinking and opened the door and the cat marched right in.  I had to once again lure her out with a tidbit of food.  I do wish that she didn't like us so much.  I wish that she would go back to her house on the other side of the block!

No comments:

Post a Comment