Thursday, January 4, 2018

Seesawing

Last night I was pretty sure that what ailed me was about behind me...including my cough.  Well...today the cough is back with a vengeance...seems like I have spent a good portion of the day hacking.  Woody is running errands tomorrow so I have cough medicine on the list (I have run out of what I had on hand when this mess started.).  So hopefully I can make it through the night and survive till I can take my next dose of cough medicine!  I mainly feel tired due to all the coughing...it wears me out!  I think all that is left of what has ailed me since the first of the year is the cough...now if it just won't linger too long!

Woody chose not to walk today due to the fact that it never rose much above 20 today...pretty cold.  We have both stayed in and attempted to stay warm!  Several of the neighbor grandchildren have been in and out today.  They were doing wash.  Their laundry room was in working order after their renovations...BUT the cold temperatures have taken a toll on their water line leading to the washing machine...so no water to do their wash so they drifted over here to complete that chore.  I have done a little in the sewing room.  I started work on getting some fabric prepared to make something...but didn't have the energy to go much farther than just getting the fabric pressed...but that is a start!  I finally sewed a button on one of Woody's shirt...a task that he asked me to do some time back...mending seems to land on the back burner...I would rather create something from the get-go!  But that task is now done.  Now trying to figure out where to put it so he will discover that it is done...or perhaps he will discover it is done when he reads tonight's blog!  We have both done quite a bit of reading today...a good day to just sit and read.  I am half-way through my third book of the year.  Woody wasn't able to print off his daily crossword puzzles because our printer is out of black ink.  But I am pretty sure that he has done some crosswords since he got a crossword puzzle calendar for his birthday.  I took care of ordering ink for our printer today...and, if what is promised happens, our printer should be back in business sometime tomorrow.  Well, I'm ready to head back to my chair and to more reading or perhaps just watch a TV rerun on my iPad.  At the moment my coughing seems to have settled down...hopefully that can continue so I can get some rest tonight.  This afternoon every time I was about to doze off the coughing would start up again...so no naps for the weary this afternoon...at least not for me...I think that Woody may have gotten a couple of short snoozes.


No comments:

Post a Comment