Monday, January 15, 2018

And, January Marches On!

Can you believe that it is already January 15?  I can't believe that January is already half over! We have had a pretty busy day.  Isaac and Joseph came over for school together today.  The rest of their family (minus Graham and Joy--they were on a youth retreat with our church) went to church for juggling practice. After they got back from practice they picked up Isaac and Joseph and headed off for a fellowship with another homeschool family. So no one read with me today.  Woody did get in some reading time with Isaac and Joseph after they finished with school with me.

 I put away the rest of the Precious Moments Nativity since I finally found the box with their boxes in it.  And, I have started boxing up the Carolers.  Some of the boxes that they will be stored in have other items in them that I have to put back before the Carolers can reclaim their box.  One of the boxes has the Hummels that go in the china cabinet.  Before I took the Hummels out to put Christmas in, I snapped some pictures so it would be easier when it came time to put them back in.  Since I went searching for the pictures, I decided that I would post one of those pictures tonight.  One of the figures in this picture isn't a "real" Hummel...though he looks so much like one.  Mother found him in San Francisco one time when she and Daddy came to visit us when we were living in Sunnyvale, CA...many years ago...Melany was two and Nathan just born.  Mother thought that he looked so much like a Hummel that she got him for me.  The other two Hummels were some of hers.  My sister also loves Hummels and she was supposed to have Mothers because she was going to take care of Mother in her old age!  Well, when Cheryl married and moved she no longer had a place for them so they have ended up residing here.  I love them.  I have quite a few of my own, but now have quite a few more.  So maybe after blogging I will email these photos to my iPad and will go downstairs and redecorate my china cabinet.

Abigail came over mid afternoon for her long time.  She ended up getting what she was making for her mother's birthday finished...amazing to get a project done in two sewing times...that doesn't happen very often.  I ended up making one of these items over the weekend so I would know the ins and outs of making it so it would go faster.  Abigail is going to make another and do a few more of the details on her own...like making her own double-fold bias tape from our own fabric rather than buying it.  I made what she used today and I want her to experience how it is made.

Woody went to the Life Care Center this morning.  He had Bible study with Jeff and then visited with several church members.  Later in the afternoon he headed off for a four-mile walk.  This evening he went to Monday night prayer meeting at church.  The name of the prayer meeting has changed to "Furnace Room Prayer Meeting."  I will get him to give me the blurb that he wrote about the reason for the name and share it with you another time.

While waiting for Abigail this afternoon, I made a start on a big pot of Chicken Noodle Soup...probably should have made this sooner since it's supposed to be good for what ails you!  After she finished her sewing time, I finished up the soup and we had it for supper.  It really hit the spot!

We are still in the midst of a very cold spell.  And the "s" word is back in the forecast for tomorrow.  We will see...the last time that the forecast said "snow and ice" we didn't get anything but a few flurries.  We are supposed to get more than flurries tomorrow.  I guess time will tell!  And, I continue to go along...slowly but surely...with the undecorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment