Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Tuesday Reminder

Just when I was getting ready to come in here to blog, the phone rang and it was a reminder from Vanderbilt about Woody's appointments next week. In some ways it doesn't seem possible that four months have already gone by since his last appointments and in other ways it seems like quite a while since we were there. Dr. Wyman told us last time that if all is okay with the scans that he will go to six months between appointments...sounds good...the farther apart the better as far as we are concerned.  I am glad that they called as I had down the wrong day for the appointments.  I had looked a while back at his appointments and I was sure that it said that they were on Monday...that surprised me a bit as we don't usually have Monday appointments.  I have double checked since the phone call and now the website also says the same day as we were told tonight.

The picture tonight is one of  the new ornaments I was given this year.  It is an etched design made in Egypt. It got put back into its box a little while ago.  I keep taking ornaments off and putting back in their respective boxes.  So far I have three large boxes packed back up with ornaments.  I still have three or four more boxes...but not as large as the ones that I have already filled.  The tree is definitely getting emptier.  The end is in sight! (I keep saying that, don't I! Maybe I am just trying to convince myself!). About every time I pass the dining room I pack another ornament up in a box.

I think that we are finished celebrating birthdays for a while...four in just a little over a month was quite a few! The next will be Graham's towards the end of February...so a bit of a breather for a while from all this celebrating!

I had school today on a usual Tuesday schedule.  Joy had her long time and she completed a border around the center of her quilt and chose the color that she is going to use to sash between some large blocks that go around this part that she has just finished.  She is happy to see it growing larger.  Woody walked to the prayer room this evening.  It isn't all that cold out...EXCEPT that there is a breeze and feels ever so much colder than the actual temperature.  After lunch I went to get my hair cut and ever since spending that small amount of walking to and from the car several times, I have had trouble feeling warm.    I guess Woody decided that it was time to have a dessert.  He made the lemon pudding for a lemon meringue pie.  I made the meringue.  I had a tiny sliver.  The last time I ate lemon meringue pie I ended up being sick to my stomach and being sick a good while into the night...that doesn't make me too inclined to eat it again.  But...I love it...so I decided that I would try a very tiny piece...I hope that I am not sorry!  I think that I am finished with undecorating the tree tonight.  I have walked around the tree so many times in the last few days on that infamous hunt looking for a particular ornament for a specific box.  There have been many elusive ones.  I am almost finished with ornaments that have their own boxes...which makes the job go faster...just take off...put in a box wrapped in tissue and move on to the next.  I still have all the handmade ornaments to take off the tree and then most of the rest are miscellaneous.  I will be glad to get the tree down and the living room furniture back to where it all goes.  I'm more than ready for everyday/normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment