Monday, January 8, 2018

Back to Routine!

I guess since we have started back into a school routine, I will also go back to the pictures I was posting prior to the Christmas holidays...so back to some of the barn pictures that I took on December 1.

We had a normal start to a school week.  Joseph came for his preschool time, Isaac came for his time with me and then Elijah, Esther, and Joy had their turns to read with me.  Then Abigail had her long time with me.  She started a new sewing project...top secret since she plans to give it to someone special as a gift!  She got the pieces cut out and marked so she will be ready to take it to the sewing machine the next time she comes over.  She wants it for next week...I told her that she might have to give it as a promise!  After lunch I was pretty tired so took a nap and rested.  Later in the afternoon I headed downstairs and made us a pot of chili.

Woody didn't end up getting to walk today due to it raining off and on.  He went to the Life Care after lunch and had Bible study with Jeff and then visited with Eric.  He stayed for quite a while.  Almost as soon as he got home, he said that he was going for a walk...he hadn't been out the door a minute before he was back as it had started raining again.  It's raining as I type this as I can hear it on the roof.  One thing good about the rain...keeping our temperatures up and they will stay up for several days before another front comes through to drop them again. Back and forth! Back and forth!  I heard on TV that today was the warmest that it had been since the day before Christmas...so we have had several weeks of quite cold temps.  Good to have them go back up!  Woody is happy...he can once again print out his daily crossword puzzles.  Our printer ink got here today and I put the new black ink in while he was at Life Care.  I have only taken a few things to the stack in the hall way today...but the stacks of boxes are growing taller and wider.  You still wouldn't be able to tell, if you were to come in our house, that I have done much undecorating.  "Slowly but surely"...that will be my theme these days/weeks that it takes to get all the Christmas put away and the everyday decorations back out!

No comments:

Post a Comment