Thursday, January 25, 2018

What Do You See?

Hopefully you are seeing an empty tree!  Just a little while after supper I finished getting the last of the ornaments off the tree.  The last to be taken off were all the handmade needlework ornaments.  They are still on the dining room table awaiting me putting them in the two boxes that are left...hope they fit!  They are the last two boxes and the ones that I designate for the handmade ornaments...so that is good that I ended with the correct boxes for the last of the ornaments.  I haven't added many new handmade ornaments so they should all fit...except for the new angel that I made for the top of the tree...at this point she doesn't have a place in any of the boxes.  I may have to search around and find another one just for her.  I am so glad that the last ornament is off!  Hopefully tomorrow I can get the tree branches back upstairs and into the Christmas tree box...and trudge up the stairs with the five or six filled to the brim boxes that hold all the ornaments.  Then I can vacuum and move furniture back into its non Christmas positions.

I had a usual Thursday school day.  Elijah had his long time.  He did a sound wave experiment that was pretty neat/cool!  Then he decided that he wanted to read in the book we are reading together for the rest of his hour.  The book we are reading is about a boy playing baseball.  Elijah is really enjoying it!

While I was having school, Woody made a visit to one of his Deacon Care Families.  After that he went to a drive through car wash.  It needed to go through one of those because Nathan drove it to Nashville during our last wintry weather and the roads had been salted.  This afternoon Woody took a four-mile walk.  It has been a pretty nice day temperature-wise.  It was nice hearing the neighbor grandchildren playing outside this afternoon.  I looked out a couple of times and Esther was outside with her kitties.  I think that it is supposed to get colder again this weekend...back and forth, back and forth! Surely is nice when we have a warmer day in between really cold ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment