Friday, January 19, 2018

Light at End of Tunnel is Getting Brighter!

I felt like going back to barn pictures again tonight for the photo...tired of Christmasy things and snowy scenes!  Today I got up with the goal that I would have the kitchen table all cleared of Christmas items before Woody got back from his grocery store trip.  And, I met the goal.  Now the next goal is to take the leaves out of the table and have a small table in the kitchen once again.  It has been its biggest size since Thanksgiving...ready for it to be small again!  I have made a lot of progress on the "Christmas put-away" today.  I think that the only thing left downstairs to tackle is the tree.  BUT...before I start the tree, I still have some things on the dining room table that need to be put away.  The things that are left are stored in the buffet.  I have to do a little rearranging to get the things back in...some of these things are Christmas items that just stay in the buffet all year long...like Christmas decorative plates.  There are also some books and other items that I use when I am displaying Christmas items...the books get hidden under a cloth that drapes across the china cabinet and they raise angels up so they can be seen better...things like that have to be put away.  I will get the table completely cleared off and then bring in Christmas ornament boxes and start the BIG HUNT for ornaments on the tree.  The last thing that I did just a few minutes ago was the shadow box in the family room...it is now back to "everyday" and the Christmas items are packed away in a box and the box is upstairs.  I still have three big boxes of Christmas decorations that need to find their way upstairs.  I really loaded them so they are heavy.  Woody was gone when I got them loaded so I haven't asked him to bring them up yet.  I mentioned to Woody that I was pleased with where I am in getting Christmas put away and he agreed...his words = "Yes, it isn't even February yet!"  I usually have the goal that I will have the decorations down by Valentine's Day.  So hopefully I will be much ahead of that date this year...unless I really get bogged down by the tree!

Woody did his usual Friday grocery shopping.  I had the table ready by the time he got home so he could put the bags on the table.  I put away the groceries.  We had lunch and a little later in the afternoon we ventured out for a treat...our first Blizzards of the year!  (Thanks, Sue!) On the way home we stopped at WalMart to correct two purchases that he made this morning...Woody went in and I stayed in the car.  This afternoon Woody went on a four-mile walk.  Finally the weather was good enough and snow/ice had melted enough that he could walk safely.  While he was away I started getting the Sunday School lesson pulled together/organized for Sunday.  Woody has done crossword puzzles, watched TV, read, etc. today when he wasn't walking or grocery shopping.  We are glad to have the temperatures start climbing again.  Nice to not have such frigid temperatures.  It looked so good to have the sun streaming in the windows today.

No comments:

Post a Comment