Monday, January 29, 2018

Oh, Look! See What Isaac Read!


















Isaac met another milestone today at Grammy School.  He finished another large book of Dick and Jane stories.  We checked in the small Dick and Jane books that I have and found out that he had read all the stories that were in them either in this Dick and Jane collection or in the other one that his family has.  Congratulations, Isaac!  Go Issac Go!  I think that we are going to move on to another early reading series that the rest of his siblings have read.  As the pictures show...we had school this morning...a usual Monday morning of school.  Abigail had her long time and is making a cover that goes on a mug that has pockets to put items like pencils, etc. in.  She made one for her mother for her birthday and is now making a second one more on her own.  She thinks that she may make a few more to give as gifts.

I did manage to get the tree down last night and back upstairs and in its box...there is now a BIG empty place in the living room where it had been.  I am still working on vacuuming the room before I move furniture around to non Christmas places.  I'm trying to make sure that I have all the pine needles vacuumed up...probably won't happen...I usually find them one place or another all through the year.  Woody started putting boxes back in the Christmas closet.  Once that job is done, Christmas can be put behind us for about ten months!  I actually got Christmas "down" before the calendar page was turned to February!  A record for recent years!  The last few years my goal was Valentine's Day...and, I think that last year it was even later since I had that bad case of gout during the whole month of January last year.  Glad that I am moving a bit faster this year!

Woody walked four-miles this afternoon.  I rested for a while and then came downstairs and made my potato soup.  I wasn't in the mood to make it...but it surely did taste good when I ate it for supper...so glad that I put forth the effort!

We will head out the door in the morning to go to Vanderbilt.  Woody will have CT scans, lab work, and see Dr. Wyman.  It has been four months since his last appointments.  We're planning on the length of time between appointments to become six months apart.  He had new instructions for this CT scan.  He is supposed to drink 8 cups of water starting 12 hours before his appointment time...not all at once but over the 12 hour span .  That is rather hard since he usually goes to bed before 10...and he is supposed to start drinking water a little after 10. I suggested that he start more like 8 and then drink more in the night when he will inevitably wake up because he is drinking so much water!  We also have about a two hour drive...he can drink during the drive...but not easy to make potty stops between here and Nashville!  I think about the number of CT scans that he has had and the instructions are never the same...they are always changing something about what you should or shouldn't do! This time nothing was said about not eating before the scans...but in the past that was one of the rules...so we just continue to follow that rule to make sure that he can have the scans. Tomorrow's appointments are spread out over a lot of hours...Scans 10ish, labs noonish, Dr. Wyman oneish.  I'm sure that it will be another looooooooong Vanderbilt day!  Will report what the doctor has to say when I blog tomorrow night.

Woody has just returned form the Furnace Room Prayer Meeting at church.  So I guess I can say that we are now settled in for the evening.





No comments:

Post a Comment