Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Second Day into 2018

I think that we both have felt better today.  Woody felt well enough to WALK to the prayer room late this afternoon.  Brrrrrrrr!  He said that it wasn't too bad since there was very little wind. His other outside duties today included emptying our wastebaskets into the outside trash can and taking it to the road and emptying the compost bucket.  I will say that I think that I have had touch of the flu as last night my arms and legs ached.  But to my knowledge I have never run a fever.  My cough still lingers...but lots less frequent.  I dread when a coughing spasm does start up as my muscles are so sore from all my previous several days of coughing.  I took it easy for most of the day.  Tonight's photo shows my only accomplishment of the day.  I got the tree topper angel sewn together and just put her on top of the tree a little while ago.  I am pleased with her as our new adornment for the top of our tree and will pack her away carefully when I get up the energy to start undecorating!  I have been reading while I rested and am about to finish my first book of the year and have another book well underway too.  Woody has read, watched TV and worked crossword puzzles.  It actually got up to 26 degrees F today...a virtual heatwave in comparison to the last few days!  Our overnight low was 8 degrees.  Currently it is 18 degrees and not supposed to drop a lot lower overnight.  All I can say is "brrrrrrrrrr!"  I have stayed inside these last few days...glad to not have a reason to venture out!

No comments:

Post a Comment