Thursday, January 11, 2018

Tradition!

Our carolers have once again gathered in front of the Christmas for one last chorus of Christmas carols!  Elijah and I moved them all onto the coffee table this morning after we got the Fisher Price Nativity put back in its boxes.  So...one step closer...of course I have to find the boxes that the carolers go in before they can be put away for another year.  The Precious Moments Nativity is partly back in its boxes.  Again...I have to find the last box that has the rest of the boxes in it.  There are a few less snowmen and trees on the mantle. And, a few less angels on top of the china cabinet. Slowly...but surely the pile of boxes grows higher and wider in the upstairs hall!

I had school this morning.  Isaac and Joseph decided to have their school time together this morning.  Then Abigail, Esther, and Joy came over for their reading time.  Elijah had his long time with me.  We divided up his time between a science experiment, a little undecorating, and then he got out the Ipad Osmo system and worked on figuring out his Christmas present from us this year--a HotWheels virtual car race game.  I think he understands it better than I!  But we had fun playing it for a little while despite my ignorance!

Today my culinary efforts went into making guacamole and later in the afternoon I made Spicy Vegetable Beef soup.  That has about finished out my energy for the day.  While waiting on the computer (it is trying my patience these last few days), I started working on my sewing cabinet...putting some things away and then dusting it.  I have plans to do a little sewing this weekend...I probably shouldn't as I need to concentrate on undecorating, but I know that I can't do the undecorating for too long before I have to rest...so sewing sounds like a good resting activity.  We'll see!

Woody is back to being able to do his printed daily crossword puzzles since we got the new ink for the printer.  He missed doing them on paper.  He says that it takes much longer doing them on the computer screen.  He walked four miles first thing this morning.  Later in the morning he ran a couple of errands.

Now we are settled in for the evening...and waiting to see if the "snow event" that is perhaps coming our way materializes tomorrow.  Will let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment