Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Almost a Heat Wave?

It actually got above freezing today...so really did feel much warmer than the days preceding this!  Still pretty cold!  Woody did walk four miles this afternoon.  Right now he is next door keeping an eye of the ones who aren't youth age.  The rest of their family youth and adults have gone to church for the activities that are for them.  The children's choir activities don't start up till next week.  I did sit in the living room this morning and enjoyed looking at the tree and other decorations while I had my morning cup of tea.  I decided while sitting there that I would attempt to work some more on getting the room back to the way it was before our Christmas family gathering.  I ran the vacuum in there and eventually pulled the coffee table back into position.  For our family festivities we always move the coffee table out of the way and in front of the toy closet door (puts it out of the way and discourages getting anything out of the toy closet on the day we have so many new items that have just been opened).  So it is back in position.  I put a few more things away that were on the couch and it looks closer to the way it looked on December 22 and before! Just that mild effort to clean sort of took a toll on me...I was pretty wiped out for a while this afternoon.  But after resting, I felt much better and was even able to do a load of wash and even get it put away after it dried.  Our warmer temperatures allowed the water line to the guest bathroom to thaw and we once again have three functioning toilets!  Temps are supposed to drop back down...I figure that that pipe will probably freeze again...but at the moment all is well and no broken pipes due to them freezing...knocking on wood as I type those words!!! Woody just came back from next door so I guess we are settled in for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment