Friday, December 15, 2017

Dreaming of a White Christmas

Looking back on the day, I'm not exactly sure what we have done!  I know that Woody did our weekly grocery shopping which this time included our White Christmas items.  This Sunday Night our children's choir will present their Christmas musical program and after that we have an in gathering of food for those in need in our community. We bring nonperishable food items in white bags and carry them up to the front of the church at the end of the service.  There ends up being quite a mound of food that is taken to the back of the church where it is sorted.  Monday morning church members will come and pack boxes and then deliver the boxes to the families in need.  Woody always enjoys shopping for White Christmas.  So when I put away groceries after he got home, I separated our groceries from the White Christmas items.  Our groceries pretty much were items that I need to have to prepare our family Christmas dinner.

Most of the day I spent sewing...quilting to be exact.  I hope that what I have done works the way I want it to!  I don't do a lot of quilting and I am making up what I am doing as I go along...so only time will tell if it is going to turn into what I want it to! Speaking of the sewing...I'd better get back to my machine! 'Tis the season!

Tonight's barn photo shows that some fall color was still hanging around on December 1 when we went on our barn photo excursion.

No comments:

Post a Comment