Tuesday, December 19, 2017

More Celebrating!

This morning, and on into the afternoon, I celebrated Christmas with two good friends.  We had such a good time enjoying each other's company, a yummy brunch, and thoughtful gifts.  Just what one needs to really get into the spirit of Christmas!

Before going to the brunch, I started getting my sewing mess cleaned up, as I can declare that Christmas gift sewing is finished.  I finished it yesterday.  I'm trying to get my sewing table cleared off so I can wrap gifts on it!  Just moving from mess to another!

Woody got up early and walked to the prayer room at church.  He wanted to walk and knew that it would be raining this evening. He was right about the rain.  I am listening to rain on the roof as I type the blog.  While I was gone for my party, Woody also walked to our pharmacy to pick up some prescriptions. So he has had two walks today.

Yesterday Melany let us know that she was having a Crohn's flareup and that her doctor was concerned that it might mean surgery. (She had surgery for her Crohn's 20 years ago this month.  She said that she would like to wait at least another 20 before more surgery!)  This morning she went for a CT scan.  She got word this afternoon that she just needs to start back on steroids to help settle down the inflammation.  That was good news!  Then just a little while ago, Kathy called to say that she had had to take Esther to the doctor this afternoon...Esther tested positive for strep AND flu...not good news!  Oh, my...the question now is: Will everyone be well enough to celebrate Christmas this Saturday?  I guess time will tell.  Woody suggests that we just "play it by ear!"  I am proceeding with things as planned.  I just put my beans on to soak over night.  I'm making my mother's recipe for Boston Baked Beans as part of our "barbecue/picnic foods" themed Christmas meal.

I think that I hear Christmas gifts calling my name and telling me that they need to be wrapped!  'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment