Monday, February 12, 2018

Cold Monday!

Seems like it has just stayed cold all day.  Brrrrrrrrr! I don't think that it ever got out of the 30's today.  Monday rolled around again the start of another school week...I still say that the days are just going by all too fast.  We followed our usual Monday schedule for school.  Abigail had her long time today and worked some more on her next quilted pencil holder mug cover.  I think that she will probably get it finished her next sewing session.  Isaac came in with news of another tooth lost...that makes six!  I continue to call him "the toothless wonder."  Some have grown back in but he still has lots of big gaps in his grin.  He decided that he would read to me downstairs like the big kids do.  We all sit in the glider love seat in the living room...it's comfy and holds two so a good place to read!  He said that he was going to leave his book downstairs so he could read there again tomorrow...like the big kids...I told him that I guess that made him a "big kid!"  I made chicken noodle soup after school was finished...so we ate lunch a little late. Yesterday I stewed a chicken so I had "liquid gold" (chicken broth) once again.  I froze eight cups in two cup portions and then used what was left over in our soup.  Later in the afternoon I deboned chicken thighs...froze most of them wrapped individually, but kept out several to cook for us.  I coated them with Panko crumbs and lots of spices and cooked them in the air fryer rather than the oven.  They came out crispy (perhaps not quite as crispy as when cooked in the oven) but quite good and the cooking time is less.  I did use a meat thermometer to check for when they were done.  It took a bit longer than the air fryer recipes said...but still faster than in the oven.

Woody went to Life Care this morning, had Bible study with Jeff, handed out more Valentines, visited with Eric, and then visited with several that asked him to come back when he gave them their Valentines on Saturday.  This afternoon we watched (I listened from the kitchen) some more of the Olympics.  That is where I will be heading when I publish this.  Woody has gone to The Furnace Room prayer meeting at church.  I'm sure that he will be joining me in watching Olympics when he gets home.  He has been nice and let me sit in "his" recliner when I am downstairs watching "his" TV.  It is nice to watch the Olympics on the new TV that Nathan and family gifted us with...nice to get the complete picture on the screen...our old one always cut off part of the screen since it wasn't an HD TV.  Well, off to do a little skiing...or luging...or whatever NBC chooses to share with us for the Olympics! Oh, almost forgot...Woody did go for a cold walk this afternoon.  He walked his usual four-miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment