Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Puddles Everywhere!!!!!

And, the reason for the puddles?!?  Lots of rain and then some more rain.  From last night till noon today we got 4 1/4" of rain according to our rain gauge!  And, the rain wasn't over at noon...that is just when Woody checked the rain gauge last.  There are so many puddles...really it looks like a lake in our back yard that he hasn't been running out too often to check to see how much rain we have gotten.  He was glad that he did check, though, as our rain gauge only holds 5 inches.  I just looked at radar and we are still socked in to rain for quite a while, or so it looks.  The rain has lightened up so at least not adding to puddles at the rate that it has at times overnight and today.

Woody didn't walk today...except to the rain gauge and to the mail box.  I continued to quilt on this my third day of Spring Break.  And, I did venture out and go to the church to work in the library for a couple of hours.  Donna and I got quite a few new books ready for circulation...good job done!  I'm heading back to quilting.  The quilting is coming along.  I am finally finished with the sashing and am on to quilting designs onto the larger blocks. I'm tired tonight so doubt that I get a lot farther tonight.  But at least another square or two. I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment