Thursday, March 1, 2018

Rainy Welcome to March



It's pretty wet underfoot as I think these photos show!  Woody checked the rain gauge this morning and we had more than two inches in it.  So over the last two days we have had more than six inches of rain...that's a lot of water.  I was awakened to my phone squawking this morning...a flash flood warning.  The areas near the creeks that flow through town REALLY have a LOT of water.  Our yard looks like nothing when compared to those yards near the creeks.

I pretty much stayed inside today...once again...quilting...I'm about done with the quilting in more ways than one.  It was fun at the beginning, but I am ready for it to be finished!  I do have almost all the large areas quilted with various machine embroidered quilt patterns.  I still have the four large squares that are on the corners...and then I think that I am finished.

Woody went out to run a couple of errands today.  He stopped at the library to pick up a book that they had that was on reserve and, since he was out, he went to the Credit Union and Aldis (One grocery store out of the way for tomorrow's grocery trip!).

After I finish cleaning up the kitchen from tonight's supper, then I think that I will get my cameras ready for a barn photo jaunt tomorrow...new barn photos tomorrow night...I hope! I do think that the rain is finally over at least for a few days...supposed to get cold again...the back and forth of Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment