Saturday, March 3, 2018

An Early March Saturday

Here we are on the first Saturday in March.  The daffodils are so pretty at this time of the year.

Woody made his usual weekly stop at the public library and later in the day ran an errand, but other than those two times has pretty much stayed in today.  I haven't even stepped out once today.  I have done a little of this and a little of that.  I have worked on cleaning up my sewing areas after messing them up with quilting paraphernalia still have a ways to go...but "things" are looking better.  I need to get them cleaned up so I can make the next sewing mess...plus my sewing cutting table now has quilting things on it along with scrapbooking things.  I need to get a handle on all that doesn't belong so I can do some sewing for myself that I have planned. But also still have a ways to go on the memorabilia notebooks for Cottey...set that work aside to work on Joy's quilt.  Back and forth between projects makes quite a mess at times!  I decided that today I would also work on getting a handle on the rest of the house as I haven't done a lot of cleaning this week while I was quilting.  So today's main accomplishment was vacuuming and dusting the dining room and then put out a few Spring decorations.  I also got the mantel in the family room back to normal.  I needed Woody's help to carry down the ship that my grandfather built years ago for me and just hadn't ever thought about when it was convenient for both of us to do it...today became that day...so the mantel looks back to normal.  I also am attempting to finish a book that I am reading so I can take it back to the church library when we go to church in the morning.  Well, didn't get as far on that as planned as I ended up taking a nap instead of reading as I had planned...but did get a little farther...maybe tonight when I settle into my chair I won't be so tired since I rested this afternoon and can get it finished then!  Woody has watched basketball on TV today and also a library DVD.  He has done his usual daily crossword puzzles, read, and challenged the computer to Scrabble.  He still has a bit of a cough...but I "think" that perhaps it is some better.  We had another day without rain...nice...though a bit on the breezy and cool side...typical "almost-spring-day."

No comments:

Post a Comment