Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Took a Double-Take


I just walked outside a little before 7pm and couldn't believe how light it still was..made me take a double-take! It made me look at my watch.  I thought that I knew what time it was, but felt that it couldn't be that late with how light it was! Still getting used to the time change!

The flowers that Rachel gave me for my birthday are even prettier as they open up.  I used my new lens to capture several close-up photos of some of them.

I had a fairly normal school day.  Esther didn't read with me because they were doing something as a family at her time.  Joy came over and had her long time.  She wanted to make a rag doll since her part of the quilt is done. I had hunted around on the internet and found a pattern for a very basic rag doll.  She got her cut out today and stitched around her and has gotten her turned.  This afternoon Elijah came over to have his long time as he won't be here on his day.  We got water to travel down a string and go into another container...interesting...an example of cohesion and adhesion.  We didn't get another experiment to work because all my red food coloring was gone...we will try that one again.  It was supposed to show water currents.  Maybe next time!

Woody is currently at the prayer room at church.  He had Nathan and Elijah drop him off after ball practice.  Nathan is coaching Elijah's team this spring and asked Woody to help him coach...so off to the ball field they went a little after five.  Woody also had a doctor appointment this afternoon with a nephrologist.  This doctor is trying to find out why Woody's creatinine levels remains high...of course with all that he has had done to him over the years with his melanoma treatments there is plenty of reasons for his kidneys to be affected.

Last night I managed to get the binding sewn around two sides of Joy's quilt.  Today I have made a quilt label for the back of her quilt and plan to work some more on sewing the binding down this evening.  I need to go attack the kitchen first and then if I have enough energy I will work some more on it. Hope that I don't fall asleep over it...I'm feeling rather tired this evening!  I still say that the time change has my internal clock all messed up.


No comments:

Post a Comment