Monday, March 12, 2018

Rooftops: Bluebirds & a Bit of Frosting



This morning we woke up to a bit of frosting on the tree limbs and rooftops.  Winter isn't giving up yet...but the bluebirds are interested in moving into birdhouses.

I had a usual Monday for school.  Joseph, then Isaac for preschool and kindergarten activities and then Elijah first, then Esther, then Joy to read, and finally Abigail to have her long time.  She continued to work on a zipper bag that she plans to give as a gift.

While I was having school, Woody headed off for the Life Care Center.  He had Bible study with Jeff and then visited with various residents.  He has quite a list of folk he visits since he handed out Valentines and several indicated that they would be interested in him visiting with them.  He had given one of the ladies one of his "Prayers from God" books.  She has vision problems so she gave it to a friend who could read it.  Now those two ladies and eight or so others get together daily to read one of the prayers from his book for a devotional time.

This afternoon I have worked on getting the binding attached on Joy's quilt.  I managed to get the binding sewn on with the machine...and, now I have to sew the binding down by hand...getting very close to finished...but sewing that binding down by hand is not a fast process!  I am hoping to get a good start on it this evening.

Woody has just returned from the Furnace Room prayer meeting.  I don't know about Woody, but I know that my internal clock is very confused by the time change.  I keep being surprised by how late it is and then realize that it is "really" an hour earlier...or at least for the last few months it has been an hour earlier.  Woody said that it never warmed up enough today to go on his daily walk.  Woody has settled in for the evening downstairs in front of the TV with books surrounding him...I'm sure that he will do a bit of reading and a bit of reading this evening before he goes to sleep.  I am going to go down and straighten up the kitchen and then settle into my recliner upstairs and work on getting the quilt binding sewed down.  And, that describes the quiet evening activities in this Dorrell household!

No comments:

Post a Comment