Thursday, March 15, 2018

Thursday Happenings

Woody just walked in from baseball practice.  Today he has worked out in the yard rather than taking a walk.  I have stayed in (per usual!) and have spent most of the day sewing.  I am tackling a pile of "need to-do's."  I needed to shorten one of my skirts so spent a good portion of the day doing that.  For some time I have wanted to make a skirt with a scalloped hem for myself.  I decided that I would make a scalloped hem on the skirt that I needed to shorten.  The best thing was that the pattern for the scallop that I had in a skirt pattern fit the the hem of this skirt.  It is all hemmed and hanging in the closet.  The other day I fixed a neck on one of my tops.  So both the skirt and the top are back hanging in my closet now and the pile of "need to-do's" is growing shorter.

It has been another very pretty spring-like day...a little cool but quite pleasant with the sun beating down. Nice seeing the sun shining through the windows.  Felt good inside and outside.  It was quite pleasant on the front porch today...I stood out there long enough to talk to one of my friends who stopped by when she was walking her dog.  Woody said that it felt better at ball practice tonight than it did two nights ago.  He said that ball practice went well.  It's been a while since he coached minor league Little League...back when Nathan was playing. Now Nathan is coaching and Woody is one of his assistant coaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment