Saturday, March 17, 2018

And, the Rest of the Day to You!


Woody headed out pretty early this morning.  I think that he woke up and decided to walk before the rain got here...well...he came back a bit wet.  He said that he walked six miles ...four of which were in the rain!  Guess he got his walk in rain or shine!  I got up and got busy in the kitchen. The rain didn't last very long (was pretty much over by the time Woody got home from his walk) so he was able to work out in the gardens again today. I made our traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage for St. Patrick's Day.  I also made a cake.  I don't often make desserts these days but for some reason I felt like making one today.  Woody made his usual Saturday trip to the public library and also stopped at the store and got a couple of things that we needed after his weekly grocery shopping trip yesterday. He has watched March Madness and worked crossword puzzles, read, and challenged the computer to Scrabble.  After my cooking spree, I was ready for a quiet afternoon.  I put the finishing touches on the Sunday School lesson that I'll be teaching to my ladies' class tomorrow.  And, now we are ready to settle in for another quiet evening.  The Easter bunny made a special delivery to our house today. (My sister Cheryl is the Easter Bunny's special helper and saw that this got delivered safely to our house!) I got three cute bunnies under a glass egg cloche.  It added nicely to my bunny and egg collection.  I decided this year to display some of my spring collection on my dresser...a bit hard to photograph with the mirror behind them...you end up seeing everything twice plus other things that are in the room!  I had to stay to the side or you would have seen me too!  Tonight's blog title is the answer you give when someone says, "Top of the morning to you" so felt that it was appropriate to end the day with that expression on this St. Patrick's Day 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment