Thursday, March 22, 2018

Is It Possible? 49 Years!

49 years...and we're celebrating in shifts!  Woody is helping Nathan coach Elijah's Little League team.  They practice from 5:30 to 7pm...and he didn't want to eat till after practice.  Well...I really don't like to eat late (7:30 is late to my digestive system!) Woody has just come in and it is 7:40.  I had told Woody that I would just as soon not go out to eat, but was in the mood for a steak.  And, I told him that he didn't have to get himself a steak since I know that isn't top on his list.  This morning when he ran an errand, he stopped at the grocery store and bought steak for me and fish for him.  Fine...except...the fish that he chose was salmon...something that I makes me VERY sick to my stomach.  Well, given that situation...having been up all night being sick after eating salmon...I don't want to be close to it and literally just the smell of it makes me queasy...just mentioning the word "salmon" has that effect on me too!  So I wasn't all that happy with his entree of choice for our anniversary dinner.  We had some Talapia in the freezer and he agreed to it for this evening and he can cook the salmon sometime when I am far, far away from the house and he can have the house all aired out by the time I get home!  Anyway...I ate my steak, ribbon fries, and asparagus while he was gone.  And, cooked his fish shortly before he got back from practice...so dinner in shifts! I guess that is okay at this stage in our 49 years of married life!

We woke up to pretty cold temperatures.  I don't think that winter has gotten the message that it is spring!  Our low over night was 28...that's pretty chilly.  We have listened to trees being taken down all day long.  The house across from us has taken at least three huge oaks down today and it looks like the tree service isn't finished as some of their equipment is still over there.  I truly hate to see these stately giants taken down.  Joseph came over for school, but decided that watching trees being taken down was priority today.  So he left pretty quickly so he could go watch.  Isaac did have his time with me and the older children read and Elijah had his science experiment time today.  Gummy bears were the substance that we experimented with today.  The first experiment was placing gummy bears in various liquids to see what they would do over a long period of time.  He just came over after practice and it was quite interesting how much they had grown.  Vinegar was the winner for making the bears grow the most!  He also made gummy bear slime.  He does enjoy his experiment time...especially when candy is involved...wonder why!


No comments:

Post a Comment