Thursday, March 8, 2018

March Dusting


This morning I noticed that there were notices on my computer that some schools were either closed or delayed.  I began to wonder why then a notification came from a Nashville station that there was light snow that was causing some slick roads and bridges.  I figured that it wasn't us but then looked at radar and saw that we were in an area of "snow" on the radar.  I looked out and discovered a VERY light dusting of snow on the roof lines and a little on our car.  Guess winter isn't quite ready to loose its grip!  What we got is nothing in comparison to what is happening in the Northeast...rather glad that we were on this end of the amount of snow gotten. Ours is a laughable amount compared to what they are being pounded with! It has stayed quite cool most of the day...again with a breeze so it feels colder than it is.  Woody debated on taking a walk but in the end decided to brave the chillier temperatures and got his four-mile walk in this afternoon.

I survived my dental "ordeal" and have lived to tell about it on the blog.  I did better with this tooth that had to be extracted due to being put to sleep...made the process much easier...but still was a blood pressure raising incident as the dental assistant could see due to a blood pressure cuff being attached to my arm the whole time I was in the chair.  I did ask if it went down once they finally put me to sleep and they said that it did...I knew that it would!  I have stayed pretty close to my recliner and dozed off and on this afternoon and evening.

My birthday present came from Woody today while I was at the dentist.  I hope to be able to show you tomorrow night what it does!  I'll leave it at that for tonight...leave you guessing!  I didn't have school with the children this morning instead kept myself busy either cleaning or cooking...rather hard to cook and not taste since I couldn't eat or drink anything six hours prior to my dental surgery.  But I managed to make my potato soup and not taste during the making...though I really wanted to!  I decided that potato soup sounded like something good to eat since my mouth would be healing and I didn't need anything to really have to chew!  I haven't had any yet...am thinking about going down and heating up a small bowl after I publish this.  Woody stopped on the way home from the oral surgeon and got me a shake at Dairy Queen...at that is the only thing that is all I have had since very early this morning. So I think that I will head down and warm up some nourishment and make myself a cup of tea. Neither of which will I eat/drink while too hot.  Then I will be ready to head back to my chair.  Woody has been my willing chauffeur for the day.  Now we are both ready to settle in for another very quiet evening in this Dorrell household.

No comments:

Post a Comment