Monday, March 19, 2018

Storm's Arriving

We are in for some storms tonight and the rain has just started so I decided to post tonight without a picture.  There are tornadoes south of us in Alabama...we are hoping that we are north of the main line.  There is hail accompanying these storms...some as large as baseballs which have been referred to as "siding shredding" hail.  We have experienced out siding having huge holes made in it by hail several years back...so praying for no tornado or large hail!  We just got back from a quick trip to the Dairy Queen to get my free birthday Blizzard...a Blizzard for tornado-like weather! Woody has had quite a day of visiting.  First he went to the Life Care Center and had Bible study with Jeff and then visited with several of the residents.  One of the residents suggested that he go visit with another member of our church who needed a visit more than he did at Life Care!  So Woody did go visit with him.

I have spent most of the day finishing up my memory scrapbooks for my Cottey College reunion.  They are finished with two weeks and a couple of days to spare.  I still have to pull together pictures and some other things from another reunion that I attended (my 15th) and also some pictures of when Woody and I stopped at Cottey on a trip through Missouri.  But all my memorabilia is pulled together and is so close to being complete that I feel like I can take a big sigh of relief.

We have one of Esther's kitties in the house.  She was on our front porch meowing when we got home from the DQ and the storm was just breaking.  I think that she was afraid of the lightening and thunder.  Woody said to let he]r= \sh](she just typed that!)... her come in...she isn't used to being inside and just keeps meowing and looking around.  She is in my lap watching me type...probably dangerous for my hands!  I hope that her sister is in a dry place.  It is still pouring so we will let her stay in till it lets up.  So far no hail! She has finally settled down and is lying down in the floor in here with me.  Georgia is who came in...she is quite a purrer...but is also less affectionate than her sister, Peaches. Maybe she will be more affectionate towards us since we let her come in?!?  The rain is letting up.  She will probably be going out shortly to find her sister! She will have an experience to share with her sister!  Hope that Peaches isn't jealous!

No comments:

Post a Comment