Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Thoroughly Tuesday

It has been a busy Tuesday here in our household.  I had a usual day of school.  Joy had her sewing time.  She sewed hair on the rag doll she made last week and made a quick pillowcase style dress for her doll.  Woody has spent a lot of time outdoors working on getting leaves out of the gardens.  He also ran errands with a friend.  I spent a good part of the afternoon on the next step on a skirt that I am making for myself.  It was a long process attempting to match the pattern on the seam.  I think that I have been successful.  Now to move on to the next step...another day! Late afternoon Woody walked to the prayer room at church.  He had skinned some chicken thighs that he had bought and while he was away I deboned them and cooked some for our supper---a new recipe--very easy--just rub various spices along with olive oil and cook them in the oven.  It would have been super easy if they had already been deboned!  Next time...I'll use some of the chicken thighs that are already to cook that are in the freezer...that will make it much easier...just have to thaw them. While I was still working with the chicken and waiting for the chicken to come out of the oven, Elijah, Isaac and Joseph came over inviting us to a party after they had supper. (I guess that they were thinking that it had been too long since they had had a party!)  I went over since Woody wasn't home yet from the prayer room.  They played a couple of games that they had made up and that was about the extent of the party.  They were happy, though!

I have to do an unusual thing tomorrow, at least for someone my age!  I have to go to the orthodontist!  My permanent retainer has come loose on one side.  They have fixed it one time before for me.  I feel like I belong there, anyway...we have sent five through their office...so far!  Melany, Nathan, Graham, Abigail, and Joy.  Esther will be soon to follow in their footsteps!  When I told the receptionist my last name she said, "Oh, Abigail, Joy, and Graham's grandmother?"  Guess our name is known!  At least we are known for something even though it is for crooked teeth!  I am going to the orthodontist that Graham, Abigail, and Joy go to.  The one that Melany and Nathan went to has retired...though, the last time I had to have this done I did have him do it for me.  I am glad to have the grandchildren's orthodontist as I plan to thank him for the fine job that he did for Abigail.  Her teeth are so pretty and straight now and I know that her mouth was a challenge.  So I will have to forego the little boys' school in the morning so I can go to the orthodontist!  The last time that I went the nurse who was attempting to call me in walked right passed me looking for me...she wasn't looking for someone with gray hair to have an appointment!

The countdown is really on now for our trip to Nevada, MO for my 50th reunion of my graduation from Cottey College!  I'm starting to lay things out on the bed and making my list of things to take!

No comments:

Post a Comment