Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Celebrating the First Day of Spring!

We celebrated Spring with a free cone from Dairy Queen!  Last night we celebrated my birthday with a free Blizzard and today celebrated Spring with a free cone.  Pretty good celebrations...but probably these celebrations need a bit of time between the free treats!  Hard to resist free!  I still have a free Ruby Tuesday hamburger to "collect."  Time will tell if I find the time to get that before the ending date of the offer!

We had a usual Tuesday school day.  Joy worked on her rag doll.  The doll is ready for hair and some clothes.  Today Joy stuffed her and drew her face on with permanent Sharpie markers.  I gave her the assignment to find yarn at home she wanted for her rag doll's hair and to cut them to the lengths that the instructions called for...or a bit longer if she planned to braid the doll's hair.

Woody walked to and from the pharmacy today attempting to pick up some prescriptions for us...managed to get only one for himself and not mine or his other one...one of his had to be called into the doctor.  Not sure why they didn't fill mine.  I called about mine and they said that they didn't know why it hadn't been filled...that they would and I could come get it.  So on our way home from the DQ we stopped and got mine.  Woody still has one to get. I also found out when I filled my weekly medicine container that I was in need of another one to be filled so will call that in in the morning and be able to get it when Woody's other one finally gets filled.

Woody drove to the prayer room early this evening.  He figured that baseball practice would be canceled due to the rain that we have had off and on today.  But Nathan had arranged to use a church gym here in town so they had inside practice using Elijah's pitching machine, etc.  I was able to call Woody at the prayer room and tell him that practice was happening and where.  He just got home a little while ago.  He said that he fed the pitching machine balls most of the practice.

It continues to rain.  No storm so no kitties crying at the door this evening.  This morning shortly after Esther started her reading time with me, we heard a little meow at the door.  I wondered if it was Georgia coming back to see if meowing would work to get her inside again...but, no, it was Peaches.  I guess Georgia had told her about her adventure over here last night and Peaches came over for her turn.  We did let her in and let her explore.  The children thought that the story of Georgia's visit was extremely funny...especially when I told them that she had typed part of the blog last night.  I had to tell that story over and over again and show the part of the blog that she typed.

No comments:

Post a Comment