Friday, March 30, 2018

Good Friday 2018

We have had a good day this Good Friday.  Woody headed off to do our weekly grocery shopping and I stayed home and marked things off my "to-do" list for going to Cottey.  I managed to get the "outfit" ready for me to wear in our class skit.  I decided that I wanted a picture of daisies for the cover of the notebook that I am making for reunions that I have attended and for the time that we stopped on our way through Missouri.  I wanted daisies because a daisy is Cottey's flower.  So I decided that I would make the "art" for the cover of the notebook with one of my photographs of daisies and tonight's blog photo shows the one I played around with in my photo software and decided to use for the cover.  I put the groceries away when Woody got home.  Woody has worked out in the gardens again today.  Late this afternoon I made chili for our supper.  I ate a bowl and sat down in my chair and promptly took a nap.  I'm awake now and going to see what I can knock off the list after I blog.  Woody is downstairs watching TV and reading.  Another quiet evening in our household.  Guess that I will go work on the skirt that I set aside the other day to work on my Cottey skit "costume."  I have enjoyed being back in a sewing mode.  I have pretty much cleared off most of the stack of sewing items that had been sitting there waiting for me to do various and sundry things to them...some mending/hemming and some actual garments to be sewn.  The sewing table is actually becoming cleared...guess that is good since I used the sewing table to put together the Cottey memory notebooks and I still need table space to make these last few pages for the new notebook.  This will be the third time that I have gone to a Cottey Founder's Day.  I went to my first reunion the year after I graduated and then went again to our 15th reunion...quite a lot of water has flowed under the bridge since either of those!  I don't have any pictures from the first reunion...quite a few from the 15th and then a few of buildings when Woody and I stopped and walked through the campus in 1996 when Cottey was out for the summer.  This will be the first time that I have been to a reunion or visited the campus since having a digital camera...bet there will be a LOT more photos taken by me this time...of course, maybe not, if I get really busy talking with friends from yesteryear!  But I do plan to have at least one of my cameras close by my side the whole time so I can grab a shot or two when opportunities arise!

No comments:

Post a Comment