Thursday, March 29, 2018

Rainy Thursday

Today has been one of those days when it rained off and on.  It started in the night and then let up for a while.  Woody was able to work some in the gardens...must have made pulling weeds easier!  We got school in while it wasn't raining.  Elijah invited some of his siblings to do experiments with him today.  So Joy, Esther, Isaac, and Joseph joined us during his experiment time.  Today was one of those days when the experiments weren't all that successful...but they had fun nonetheless!  It's always fun mixing things into water and pouring water, etc.  For part of the experiment we used a baster...all had fun drawing water up into it and then squeezing the bulb to put the water in something else.  So successful at least in providing fun!  While I was having school, Woody went to get a haircut.  After that he worked outside more until the rain started falling in earnest once again.  I have done a little of this and a little of that in an attempt to be closer to ready for our Missouri trip next week...gathering things together, making lists and today I have worked on what I have been asked to wear in a skit that our class will be giving during Founder's Day Weekend at Cottey College.  I am supposed to dress as we did back then (according to the strict dress code that we had) when we walked to town to do our laundry.  We had to wear dresses (always when we left campus) and we walked carrying our laundry bags.  I actually still have the laundry bag that Mother made me to use at Cottey...so I will be partially authentic.  I am shortening a skirt to knee length so it will look more like back in the late 60's.  I will wear knee socks with it and a knit top and cardigan.  I found a picture of my roommate dressed like this and decided that I would aim for that look for my part in the skit!  I actually had a corduroy coat when I was at Cottey that is almost the same color as this skirt...so memories!  I stopped yesterday on my way home from church to buy another notebook to put pictures of Cottey that I took at our 15th reunion and also some pictures of the campus that I took when Woody and I stopped one time several years back when we were traveling through MO on our way home from a trip.  I had planned to put these at the back of the memory notebook that I made for my second year at Cottey, but that one ended up being as full as the one for my first year so decided that I would put them in a smaller one...then I can add some pictures of this reunion after we get home.  I also decided that I needed to take a picture or two of our grandchildren so I printed off a couple this afternoon.  Lots of little things that I want to do before heading off next Thursday.  If all goes well for our trip, next week we will be in Nevada, MO and I will be reminiscing with my Cottey classmates! I also added to our grocery list several items that I will need next week to do some baking before we head off. I want to make a few recipes of cookies to share with my class and also plan to take some to the girls who presently live in the suite that we lived in for our two years at Cottey.  It was always fun to receive care packages...a big event in suite life.  Mother and Cheryl did their share of baking and sending packages to me and my suite over those two years. So I thought that it would be fun to have some in the hospitality room that has been reserved for our class and also share some with current Cottey girls.

Woody got home just a little while ago from baseball practice.  Due to the rain, Nathan arranged to use the gym at one of our local churches so the boys could practice throwing and hitting even though they couldn't play outside.  Woody said that it was a good practice.  Their games start next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment