Friday, March 2, 2018

A Sunshiny Day!

Last night I said that today I would start posting new barn photos that I was going to take today.  Well...I don't think that I have posted this silo before, but I didn't take it today, as our plans changed.  Our leader/driver for our barn excursions woke up this morning with inner ear problems...so "no go" for her and the rest of us...as far as barn photographing...the three of us not affected by inner ear troubles decided that we would celebrate the non-rainy day and declared a "girls' day out."  We went over to Shelbyville and shopped in some antique stores and then ate in a sandwich shop.  We had a nice day and it was really good to be out and about without being rained upon!

Woody went to the grocery store and got back before I took off for our day out.  So I put groceries away before I left.  While I was gone, Woody went for a four-mile walk.  He wasn't home when I got home. Wednesday I got Woody a book from the church library by one of his favorite authors and I noticed today that he is well into it...more than half-way...he must be enjoying it!  I decided once I got home that I would do the last three quilting motifs on the last three corners of Joy's quilt.  I "think" that I am through with the quilting part...definitely through with using the machine embroidery on my machine.  There are a few more rectangles that "might" need a little quilting.  But for the moment I am going to set it aside.  Once we trim and true up the sides then it will be time to put on the binding.  We're really close to finishing.  We will need to come up with a label for the back of the quilt.  I'm going to have Joy think about what she might like to name her quilt so we can put it on the quilt along with her name and mine.  I am glad to be at this point in making it...most of the hard work is behind both of us.We have some chilly days ahead of us so I would like Joy to have the quilted throw before it gets too warm to curl up under it!

Before I left this morning, I called my sister to wish her a happy birthday.  I would tell you how old she is...but since she is 7 years younger than me it isn't as much fun rubbing her age in to her!  Plus if I told you how old she is then you could add 7 to it and find out how old I will be in less than a week!


No comments:

Post a Comment