Saturday, March 10, 2018

The Big Day!






The BIG day for the BIG number has arrived.  I still really can't believe that I have reached my 70th year!  I got a surprise when the doorbell rang late this morning and had a delivery from a florist.  My niece, Rachel, from AZ sent me birthday flowers and a balloon...how special!  I have had quite the day filled with cards, birthday wishes galore, phone calls, text messages, etc.  I have pretty much done a lot of nothing today except for making one of our favorite seasonal meals = New England Boiled Dinner = must be close to St. Patrick's Day!  We enjoyed our meal this evening.  Woody got up early and walked six miles. He went early to beat the rain that was predicted...but he got lightly rained on during his walk.  Later in the day he went to the public library and also stopped and got a couple of things that I needed to complete tonight's meal and also make a special soup (Cream of Reuben Soup)  sometime in the coming week.  I just started hearing rain on the roof...very typical for it to rain on my birthday...something that I guess I noted since it didn't rain all that often in AZ!  I guess that it is time for me to go spring our clocks ahead an hour...not ready for this time change...seems like we just changed them...so once again my sister and I over night will move an hour farther away from each other...it's just harder to think in two hour increments of time...so much easier to be just an hour apart.  So I'm off to find all our clocks and "Spring them Forward!" (It is easier to move the clocks ahead an hour rather than backward...at one plus IF we HAVE to change them!  "See" you next in Daylight Savings Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment