Thursday, February 22, 2018

Thoroughly Thursday!

And, another week of school is over for me...seems like the school week goes by so fast.  Joseph came over first, then Isaac followed.  Abigail, Esther, and Joy each had a turn at reading.  Joy is just about finished with her first Nancy Drew mystery.  She seems to be enjoying them.  She asked for mystery books on her Christmas list so Woody and I gave her the first four or five in the Nancy Drew series.  When she gets through with those I have many very old copies of Nancy Drew stored away in the school room...should give her mystery reading material for a while!  Elijah came over for his long time.  Today during his experiment time he made two different kinds of edible slime...one with gummy starbursts and one with regular starburst squares.  The experiment worked and was yummy to munch on !  He also learned how animals stay warm in icy cold water.  He put a layer of Crisco on one of his fingers and plunged it into ice water and he couldn't tell that it was cold at all, but when he put in one his fingers without the Crisco he could feel how cold the water really was.  We talked about the layer of fat that some animals have to keep them warm.

I got the pinning underway on Joy's quilt...have the middle done and a little way out from the middle...a bit more to go.  Yesterday I stopped and bought machine needles that I need to do the quilting.  I'm hoping that I can get underway with the quilting over the weekend. This afternoon I put together a casserole for our supper.  Now I am ready to finish cleaning up the kitchen and then watch some more Olympics.

Woody didn't walk today as his allergies are bothering him and he is coughing.  Today the pollen level is pretty high...guess Spring is really on its way if pollen levels are once again rising.  I think what has gotten to him is raking leaves.  He is often bothered with allergies when he does a lot of raking...probably allergic to the dust on the leaves and leaf mold that is on them when they are wet.  He has done crossword puzzles, read, watched TV and started getting things ready to work on our taxes.



No comments:

Post a Comment