Saturday, February 17, 2018

Rain, Rain, Rain!

Here's the picture of a couple of this year's Dwarf Dutch Iris that I couldn't post the other night due to computer problems.  The computer happily took the photos off my camera and loaded them onto the Passport external hard drive.  So definitely the computer is being lots more cooperative since it went in for its "spa treatment."

Woody got up and walked fairly this morning.  It was probably a good thing as mid morning the heavens opened and we had rain, at times heavy, for most of the rest of the daylight hours.  It seems to have stopped for the time being.  Woody also went to the library this morning and then stopped at a grocery store or two to get some things that we didn't have on the list yesterday...or that had cropped up that we needed after his weekly trip yesterday.  He made muffins this afternoon to take to Sunday School in the morning.  It is his boys' Sunday School Class's time to provide morning snacks.  He made banana blueberry muffins.  He had made some earlier in the week so I can vouch for the fact that they are good!

I decided that a rainy day was a good day to sew.  So I finished the sewing project that I had attempted to start yesterday.  I also looked through some machine quilting outlines that Joy might like to use when we get underway with the actual quilting.

Woody is in charge of Esther's kittens today.  He went over to check on them and found that they were in need of food...so he gave them some more...BUT the kitties were no where to be seen!  I ended up going out in the rain to look for them.  I walked all over the back yard calling "kitty, kitty, kitty" and no replying mew came back.  I know that they go under the shed that is in their backyard, but got no response from them when I neared that building.  I happened to look up and saw Peaches meowing at me from outside the gate of their fence...on the side toward our house.  She came up and ate and drank and then asked for some attention.  She didn't have the inclination to tell me where her sister was.  But I decided that perhaps they had sought shelter from the rain under our house...and sure enough when Peaches and I approached the vent where we have seen them go in before there was Georgia's little eyes and nose peeping out at me.  Peaches asked to get down from my arms and she went under the house to join her.  I decided that they were pretty smart to have sought out and found a quite dry place.  I went over just before dark and they were back curled up in the basket on their back porch...so I guess that they came out once the heavy rain stopped.  It is almost dangerous to walk across the yards they are so saturated with water.  It is actually slick underfoot since there isn't much grass on the ground at the moment...so mostly walking on dead grass and mud.  I think that they are good for the night...either in that basket or in their kitty house.

I came home and decided that I wanted/needed to make something for supper...and decided that I would make something that I had been thinking about making for a while...a recipe that Mother made occasionally but I have never seen her recipe for it...Hamburger/Macaroni Goulash.  I looked up recipes for that type of concoction on the internet and made one that seemed to remind me of the one that Mother had made.  It turned out pretty good...good enough to remind me of Mother's but a bit different but still quite tasty.  Woody said that it hit the spot.  I grated cheddar cheese on mine and he shook Parmesan cheese on his. The best part for me is that there are leftovers enough for another meal...always like to cook once and eat at least twice off a recipe!


No comments:

Post a Comment