Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Spring Beauty!

This afternoon Woody and walked down the street a little way so I could get a picture of this tree!  It is at its peak...and...if I waited till tomorrow most of the blossoms would probably be knocked off since we are due for a lot of rain again tomorrow.

Today has been another quilting day for me.  I have quilted on Joy's throw a good part of the day.  After I did leave for a while to go get my hair cut.  Then it was back to the sewing machine.  I finished stitching around the blocks this morning with a straight machine stitch.  That stitching in the ditch, as it is called, has anchored all the blocks in the quilt so nothing is going to move around any more.  Most of the pins are out except for the squares around the edge.  After I got home from my haircut, I got underway with using machine embroidery quilting designs to fill in some of the squares and rectangles.  I have quilted with the embroidery quilt designs on the sashings. I'm hoping to have those finished tonight before I go to bed.  We'll see, there are still a lot of hoopings and to get those narrow strips quilted.  I'm pleased with how it looks so far.

Woody took a friend to a physical therapy session today.  And, then around 5pm he headed off for his usual Tuesday walk to the church prayer room.  He is home now and we are settled in for the evening. I've enjoyed my second day of Spring Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment