Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Happy Valentine's Day!

It has been pretty much a regular Wednesday.  We had school this morning.  Esther had her long time and she continued to work on her cross stitch picture.  It's growing, but a bit slower than Joy's quilt grew!  Cross stitch is a bit of a slow-go, but she is plugging along on it.  After lunch, Woody went on his walk and I headed off to work in the church library.  Donna and I got the ball rolling on the new book order.  We have had at least drizzly rain for most of the day and at times it has rained pretty hard.  Isaac has been coming over and using our wallets to exchange some of his change and ones for larger bills...and now my wallet is very heavy with change.  He's getting pretty good at counting money.  His wallet is now much lighter and he thinks that it is very funny that my wallet has gotten very heavy!  He likes those two practically new five dollar bills that I exchanged him for some of his ones and quarters.  Later this afternoon he came back and exchanged most of his pennies with me!

I made a new recipe for supper.  A chicken and avocado salad.  Woody ate his as a wrap and I just ate mine as a salad.  It was pretty good...for something a little different.  I changed the recipe around some and made it my own, but did stick with using chili powder as the spice and I rather liked that different flavor in a chicken salad...no mayo in this one.  I mashed some of the avocado to moisten the chicken and then cubed up the rest.  I also added some finely chopped celery that the recipe didn't call for.  Good for a change, but think that I like my regular chicken salad better!  Often tried and true is better than new!

I guess I am off to watch some more of of the Winter Olympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment