Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Chain Reactions

Once again it was a beautiful day and my reading time with all the children took place on the front porch with kitties in laps and birds singing in the trees.  I love this time of the year...not too hot and not too cold...but just right!  Elijah invited Esther to join him during his long time with me and he decided that they would do chain reactions.  They gathered up items from all over the house and made several different chain reactions.  They ended up doing them on the kitchen floor so there was more room and at a point both made their own.  I think that a good time was had by both.

While I ate a bowl of soup for lunch, I started to check out the appliances that I had "sort of" picked out yesterday...hoping that I would get a call back back from the appliance salesman...but never did.  After I checked out info about the different ones that I am considering and wrote down some more information in my notes, I decided to call the contractor's showroom and see if I could go in today and look at cabinet finishes and also at countertops.  And, I got an answer and also was told that I could come right then.  So I grabbed up my trusty kitchen renovation notebook and headed their way.  The contractor had chosen finishes that he thought might work and also had the quartz samples out for me to peruse.  And, peruse I did and then made my choices...hope that I made the right ones!!  Then I signed the contract and gave them the first payment!  Oh, my...I guess that this is really going to happen.  I am still holding up the show till I tell what appliances I have chosen.  I think that I will call the appliance place tomorrow and see if they have gotten the information that I need (current pricing).  I don't want delays to be on me!  I figure there will be enough delays without me causing them!!  But I think that "the show" may actually be getting closer to starting.

In the midst of me working through kitchen decisions, I got word that a longtime friend had been missing since yesterday afternoon.  She is a former member of our church and had taught both of our children in school.  She moved away to be closer to children and grandchildren within the past year or so and is now living in Nashville.  Yesterday she left her house to go to Walmart and hadn't been heard from or seen since.  There was a silver alert (an alert when a senior citizen is missing) and I actually saw on my iPad  when it was issued.  Talk about scary! Just before he left for church this evening, Nathan came over and said that she had been found about two hours from her home and that her granddaughter was heading to get her.  We are ever so thankful for this news ending on a good
note.  I was very happy when the drop-down news on my iPad showed that the silver alert had been cancelled!

Woody continues to work in the yard in one capacity or another.  This evening before supper, he took and planted the lettuce plants that you can see growing in the background of tonight's photo in the hydroponic planter that Melany and family gave me for Christmas.  He decided that he wanted to give them some outside growing time.  I guess I will plant the tomato seeds next in my hydroponic
garden.  He is very much enjoying the warmer weather and being able to be outside working once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment