Monday, April 1, 2019

A Foolish Day!

I'm not sure which Middle Tennessee "winter" we are experiencing...Redbud Winter or Dogwood Winter...but definitely when we went on our barn photo trip the redbud trees were blooming as noted in above photo.  Lots of pink dotting the countryside that day.
I stayed in pretty much all day...cleaning.  Woody did make a couple of trips out...he had a meeting this morning and then this evening he went to the Furnace Room Prayer meeting at church.  He hasn't returned from that yet.  I guess you could say that I am making a stab at spring cleaning during this second week of spring break.  Since I painted last week I had neglected doing much around the house...so it was time and I decided to do a bit more than a lick and a promise!  The living room is completed and I started on the dining room.  I'm concentrating on the downstairs this week.

For my breaks I sat and read a book that I am really enjoying.  It is an ebook, but I am enjoying it so much that I am planning on getting the series for the church library.  Woody has done some reading today also and he has challenged the computer to several games of Scrabble.  It's been a rather "non-joking" day around here.  Though, I did see a couple of good April Fool's jokes on the Internet.  Our public library advertised that they were letting us try "self check out" today and they had a mirror to "check yourself out!" I thought that was a good library April Fool's joke!  One of my AZ friends posted a picture of a dog sitting in a chair on a front porch that found her and she was thinking about keeping him since he had no collar or tags and seemed nice...the dog was not a domestic dog but a coyote.  I considered titling tonight's blog "Last Blog," but I was afraid that some would really believe me and not read enough to know it was a joke...so I decided against that title.  Anyway...Happy first day of April!



No comments:

Post a Comment